EDD is termed as Employment Development Department which helps you manage your Employer Services Online account and Benefit Programs Online account easily. EDD login CA is a very useful platform for both employers and job seekers. It is an agency by the State of California. The department was founded to provide quality services to unemployed, disabled people and employers.
Whether you are an employer or a job seeker, in this tutorial, I’ll show you how to do CA EDD online login to check for the new jobs or manage your payroll tax account.
In case, if you don’t have an active account in EDD, then you’ll also learn how to register a new account easily.
EDD Login Online for UI/SDI
To login to California EDD, you need to follow the below steps.
- Open this login link on your gadget.
- On that page, you’ll see two services.
- One is Employer Services and the second one is Benefit Programs Online.
For UI and SDI (Benefit Programs) users:
- If you’re looking for a job or Unemployment Insurance Benefit or to manage UI claim or SDI Online for Disability Insurance or to apply for Paid family leave benefit, click on “Log In or Register” under Benefit Programs Online.
- Once you tap on it, you’ll again see a new page. Click on “Log in or Register” once again.
- Then, you’ll be taken to the login portal.
- There, enter your Email and verify that you’re not a bot by completing captcha and click on login.
- In the next page, enter the password and proceed.
- You’ll see your account page.
For the Employer Services:
- Visit this page.
- If you’re an employer, to manage payroll tax, WOTC and etc, click on “Log In or Enroll” under Employer Services Online.
- Again, choose the service and click any of the three options.
- If you select the first option (for payroll tax account), then you’ll get a new webpage like this.
- Provide your Username, Password and login.
- That’s the way to login to your account.
Reset CA EDD Sign In Password
To recover the Benefit Programs login password:
- Go to this link.
- After typing your email and clicking on login, you’ll see a page to enter your password.
- There, click on “Forgot Password?” link.
- Enter your registered Email address and complete the security check.
- Click on “Next”.
- You’ll get a password reset link to your email.
- Follow that and set a new password.
For Employer Services:
- Visit this page here.
- On that page, click on “Forgot Password?”.
- Fill the fields with your username, First & Last name, Email and 4-digit PIN.
- Finish the RECAPTCHA correctly and tap on “Submit”.
- Follow the link that you receive in your email to create the new password.
Register new EDD Account Online
As you know, there are two cases here. One is for Employer Services and the second one is for Benefit Programs.
Case #1: Sign up for a Benefit Programs (UI/SDI) Account
- Foremost, visit the page here.
- On that page, click on “Register”.
- You’ll see the Terms and Conditions page.
- Read them, tick the box and click on “I agree”.
- Once you get the registration page, enter Email and Password as per instructions.
- Do the security set up by choosing the questions and answers to them.
- Select the personal image and also caption.
- Complete Captcha and click on “Next”.
- That’s it!
Case #2: Enroll for Employer Services Account
- Go see this page.
- Click on “Enroll in Employer Services Online” button.
- On the enrollment page, choose the Username, Password, Your name, Email and Phone number.
- Also, enter the last 4 of your SSN or create a new PIN there.
- After completing reCAPTCHA, click on Continue.
- That’s all!
Advantages of CA EDD Login
- Jobs and Training resources are available for Jobseekers.
- Disability Insurance for people with disabilities.
- Check your eligibility for DI.
- Apply for Unemployment Insurance online.
- Check out paid family leave advantages.
- Manage your employer payroll tax account within a single account.
Frequently Asked Questions about www.edd.ca.gov
Check out some of the FAQ.
How do you check the status of your unemployment benefits?
After logging into www.edd.gov.ca website, you can find and manage your UI benefit. You can also apply for unemployment insurance online. Check the status of your benefit from the account page.
Is the EDD office open today?
EDD office is open from Monday to Friday at the timings from 8 AM to 5 PM. Those are the days the office will be opened. The offices are closed on Saturday and Sundays. On state holidays also, the offices will not be opened.
How do I check my EDD balance online?
You can check your EDD balance at any ATM or at the official website of Bank of America www.bankofamerica/eddcard. You can also make a call to the customer service. The number is 1.866.692.9374, it is a toll-free number. It works 24 hours a day and charges no fee.
How do I speak to a person at EDD?
If you want to speak to a customer service representative, then make a call to 1-800-300-5616 from your mobile. You need to select your language as English. After that, press the number by listening to the prompt voice. You’ll speak to the person very shortly.
How do I check the status of my EDD claim?
You can check the status of your EDD UI or SDI claim in your account. Claims like Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance etc can be applied online in your account. You can also manage and check their status by login to EDD.
How long does it take for EDD to process a claim?
It takes 14 days for EDD to process a claim application. If you apply for the claim properly, it generally takes 14 days. If there is anything EDD needs to look at, then it may get even longer.
That’s the finishing line to our tutorial. I’ve presented you all the possible information regarding EDD login online. If you’ve any query about EDD sign in, then please post them in comments. Also, share this post with others as well.