EDD is termed as Employment Development Department which helps you manage your Employer Services Online account and Benefit Programs Online account easily. EDD login CA is a very useful platform for both employers and job seekers. It is an agency by the State of California. The department was founded to provide quality services to unemployed, disabled people and employers.
Whether you are an employer or a job seeker, in this tutorial, I’ll show you how to do CA EDD online login to check for the new jobs or manage your payroll tax account.
In case, if you don’t have an active account in EDD, then you’ll also learn how to register a new account easily.
EDD Login Online for UI/SDI
To login to California EDD, you need to follow the below steps.
- Open this login link www.edd.ca.gov login on your web browser.
- On that page, you’ll see two services.
- One is Employer Services and the second one is Benefit Programs Online.
For UI and SDI (Benefit Programs) users:
- If you’re looking for a job or Unemployment Insurance Benefit or to manage UI claim or SDI Online for Disability Insurance or to apply for Paid family leave benefit, click on “Log In or Register” under Benefit Programs Online.
- Once you tap on it, you’ll again see a new page. Click on “Log in or Register” once again.
- Then, you’ll be taken to the login portal.
- There, enter your Email and verify that you’re not a bot by completing the captcha and clicking on CA EDD UI login.
- On the next page, enter the correct CA EDD UI login password and proceed.
- You’ll see your account page.
For the Employer Services:
- Visit this www.edd.ca.gov/login page.
- If you’re an employer, to manage payroll tax, WOTC and etc, click on “Login or Enroll” under Employer Services Online.
- Again, choose the service and click any of the three options.
- If you select the first option (for payroll tax account), then you’ll get a new webpage like this.
- Provide your Username, Password and login.
- That’s the way to access the caedd.gov login account.
Reset CA EDD UI Password Online
Follow the step written below to recover the Benefit Programs CA EDD SDI Online login password
- Go to this https://portal.edd.ca.gov/WebApp/Home link to reset your forgotten EDD UI password online.
- After typing your email and clicking on login, you’ll see a page to enter your password.
- There, click on the “Forgot Password?” link.
- Enter your EDD CA UI registered Email address and complete the security check.
- Click on “Next”.
- You’ll get a password reset link from the EDD CA login page to your email.
- Follow that link and set a new password for your EDD UI SDI online account.
For Employer Services:
- Visit the official web page to Reset CA EDD SDI Password Online.
- On that page, click on “Forgot Password?”.
- Fill the fields with your username, First & Last name, Email and 4-digit PIN.
- Finish the RECAPTCHA correctly and tap on “Submit”.
- Follow the link that you receive in your email to create the new password.
Sign Up For EDD Account Online
As you know, there are two cases here. One is for Employer Services and the second one is for Benefit Programs.
Case #1: Sign up for a Benefit Programs (UI/SDI) Account
- Foremost, visit the CA EDD UI Sing Up page here.
- On that page, click on “Register”.
- You’ll see the Terms and Conditions page.
- Read them, tick the box and click on “I agree”.
- Once you get to the EDD UI online registration page, enter your Email and Password as per instructions.
- Do the security set up by choosing the questions and answers to them.
- Select the personal image and also the caption.
- Complete Captcha and click on “Next”.
- That’s it!
Case #2: Enroll for Employer Services Account
- Go see this page.
- Click on “Enroll in Employer Services Online” button.
- On the enrollment page, choose the Username, Password, Your name, Email and Phone number.
- Also, enter the last 4 of your SSN or create a new PIN there.
- After completing reCAPTCHA, click on Continue.
- That’s all!
Advantages of CA EDD Login
- Jobs and Training resources are available for Jobseekers.
- Disability Insurance for people with disabilities.
- Check your eligibility for DI.
- Apply for Unemployment Insurance online.
- Check out paid family leave advantages.
- Manage your employer payroll tax account within a single account.
Frequently Asked Questions about www.edd.ca.gov
Check out some of the FAQs.
After logging into the www.edd.gov.ca website, you can find and manage your UI benefit. You can also apply for unemployment insurance online. Check the status of your benefit from the account page.
EDD office is open from Monday to Friday at the timings from 8 AM to 5 PM. Those are the days the office will be open. The offices are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. On state holidays also, the offices will not be opened.
You can check your EDD balance at any ATM or at the official website of Bank of America www.bankofamerica.com/eddcard. You can also make a call to customer service. The number is 1.866.692.9374, it is a toll-free number. It works 24 hours a day and charges no fee.
You can check the status of your EDD UI or SDI claim in your account. Claims like Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance etc can be applied online in your account. You can also manage and check their status by login in to EDD.
How do I speak to a person at EDD?
If you want to speak to a customer service representative, then make a call to 1-800-300-5616 from your mobile. You need to select your language as English. After that, press the number by listening to the prompt voice. You’ll speak to the person very shortly.
How long does it take for EDD to process a claim?
It takes 14 days for EDD to process a claim application. If you apply for the claim properly, it generally takes 14 days. If there is anything EDD needs to look at, then it may get even longer.
That’s the finishing line to our tutorial. I’ve presented you with all the possible information regarding EDD login online. If you’ve any queries about EDD sign-in, then please post them in the comments. Also, share this post with others as well.